Thursday 27 September 2012

The Cirrccccleee of Life.....




So I popped back 'home' to Bristol this week to watch The Lion King at The Bristol Hippodrome!
I wasn't really sure what to expect, Lion King wasn't one of my staple Disney films as a child, I wasn't even sure if I still knew the story-line!

I was lucky enough to go to the touch tour before hand with my auntie. It is intended for the blind or partially impaired to feel the costumes and masks to gain a better understanding of the show. The masks are so well crafted and beautiful to see up close and try on! The corsets of the lionesses are all hand beaded and rafiki the monkeys outfit was amazing, particularly the 'shoes'!

As soon as the show starts you are trust into Africa as you are surrounded by Lions, tigers, birds and even a huge elephant which seems to appear from nowhere and thud down the isle to the stage!

There are simply not enough words to describe the entire production, all I can say is it is a must see! Whether you know the story or not you will be amazed at the puppetry, acting and wonderful music which it entails!

Hx

No comments:

Post a Comment